Do you feel like attaining success in life is out of your reach?
These 11 steps to have success in life are a beginner’s roadmap to walk you through being successful with your lifestyle goals. There are 2 reasons why I created this blog post:
- I know what it’s like to feel unsuccessful
- I know what it’s like to feel as if success is an elusive goal
My path to success
Success wasn’t happening for me because I’d lost touch with who I really was at my core. My efforts were misguided in the wrong motives. I assumed that I couldn’t return to being the confident dreamer that would figure out how to make things happen like I once was.
The solution: I had to get to know me again. I did this in a couple of ways.
- Through self reflection and admitting I wanted to change my life
- Reading books, reports and articles to gain new knowledge
- Giving myself permission to dream about my ultimate lifestyle
- Applying gained knowledge to reverse engineer steps that would result in success
What is success?
Success is achieving the desired goal, intention or vision. Basically a successful accomplishment can be anything but its up to the individual to define their own version of what success is or isn’t. Things like your belief system and perspective will determine the criteria for your success.
What are the types of success?
There are 5 pillars that make up a good life: Health, Finances, Relationships, Happiness, and Faith. Starting with these and creating balance between them will lead to attaining success and open up more possibilities, and abundance. So think of these pillars as a roadmap of success types.
How do you achieve success?
First, achieving success requires personal development, focus and the ability to repeat steps that result in success for you. Second, it’s all about how you’ll get from “A to B”.
Why is this 11 step roadmap helpful to you?
This beginner’s roadmap is your step-by-step guide to success and helps you work smarter. Hard work has its place and time. But it’s about getting results and creating the lifestyle you want. You can achieve anything with a plan and consistent focus.
How To Have Success In Life – List Of 11 steps
Success Step #1 – Believe
- Everything in existence starts with a thought, idea, or dream
- Believe in your own capability and future possibilities
- Your belief system determines how you’ll plan, test, grow, learn and level up;
Success Step #2 – Know Yourself
You are the best person to understand yourself and know if your actions are aligned with your purpose.
- Explore your thoughts and emotions
- Learn and build upon your strengths not your weaknesses
- Use a journal to write down your goals so you can review them daily
Success Step #3 – Get Clear
- Clarify who you are and improve the 5 pillars of a good life (link out to a page on the definition of 5 pillars of a good life)
- Get clear on your calling in life by gathering constructive feedback from experiences
- Learn by doing, testing and analyzing your results
- Self-reflection+outside feedback=learning what your good at
Success Step #4 – Let Go
- Let go of your ego by removing blocks keeping you from your full potential
- Stand in your purpose and stop obsessing about the outcomes
- Embrace the process aka the work or the grind
Success Step #5 Master Strengths
- Pay attention to your what you’re good at and master those traits
- Stand in your purpose
- Align your action steps to support your strengths to create the health, lifestyle, career, relationships, or finances you want
Success Step #6 – Improve Skills
- Invest in yourself
- Avoid the dummy tax and learn by other’s who have achieved the same success you desire
- Take a course, read books and review your goals consistently
Success Step #7 – Set Goals
- Set specific, realistic goals that you know you can accomplish
- Goals that are unrealistically attainable will result in repeated failure that doesn’t actually promote growth
- Due dates are the best, practical way to go from and idea to action to results
Success Step # 8 – Take Action
- Design your action plan
- Write out steps needed to get the results you want
- Break up the actions into chunks, for example, planning 90 day goals to achieve small amounts over one year
Success Step #9 – Reward Yourself
- Rewards can be activities or material things
- A rewards system can energize you and reinforce good habits
- Rewards motivate you to keep going and distract you from the grind
Success Step #10 – Wellness
- If you don’t have good health you can’t enjoy any success you’ve built
- Exercise at least 30 minutes per day to improve and maintain your “health pillar”
- Schedule relaxation or down time in order to recharge and be ready to keep going at your highest levels
Success Step #11 – Repeat steps
- Pay attention to your strengths and improve them
- Always keep learning and acquiring new knowledge
- Apply what you learn, make adjustments, set goals, do the work and take care of your wellbeing keep going.
To recap, there are 11 steps to have success in life:
- Belief system
- Know yourself
- Let go
- Master strengths
- Improve skills
- Goal setting
- Take action
- Repeat steps
The sooner you start using these steps, the quicker you’ll find out what you’re good at. The possibilities to transform your lifestyle are endless. Imagine how much progress you’ll make in 30 or 90 days from now after implementing this beginner’s roadmap. In one year you can achieve lots of goals.
I’m excited for you and know that if you put in the work you’ll have the success in life that you desire!
It’s the possibilities that make life interesting, vibrant and worth living to fullest.
What’s the one thing you want to change about your lifestyle?Xoxo,