Have you ever found yourself wondering how to think positively?
Do you sometimes think doom and gloom or only how things will go wrong?
If you've felt this way then affirmations are a powerful and effective strategy to help you:
- shift your mindset
- take action to embrace the positive possibilities
- remind you of why you want to create a lifestyle you love
Let's dive into the 3 reasons why affirmations are so powerful.
3 Reasons why affirmations are so powerful
So let's get to it. Affirmations help you accomplish 3 important and things:
- Shift your mindset
- Build confidence in your abilities
- Buffer stress according to research conducted by Carnegie Mellon University.
Now that you understand the why let's briefly review: what affirmations are, and how to use them.
What are affirmations?
Affirmations, or self-affirmations, are thoughts or statements spoken or written in present tense to announce something to be true. These thoughts can be positive statements or encouraging feelings with the intention of creating the desired reality.
How to create effective and powerful affirmations
Affirmations should follow the 3 P’s Rule - present tense, personal and positive. For best results keep these 5 other tips in mind when creating positive statements.
- Affirmations should about yourself, not another person
- Don’t talk about what you don’t want, only speak of what you desire
- Try to include an action verb
- Keep it specific and avoid vague descriptions or open ended goals
- Include a gratitude statement
45 Examples of powerful affirmations
These 45 examples of powerful, positive affirmations are the same ones I use in my daily routine. To make this list more manageable I’ve divided the statements into “I am” and “I believe”.
"I Am" positive affirmations
- I am growing into who I am
- I am working hard to create the lifestyle I love
- I am enough
- I am worthy of the blessings I receive
- I am grateful my body is healthy
- I am grateful for my family and friends
- I am ready to receive the lesson for today
- I am ready to serve my purpose
- I am working hard to create wealth every day
- I am thankful for my struggles because they help me appreciate my easy experiences
- I am working hard to align my actions to my true self
- I am growing into the best version of myself 1 step at a time
- I am abundance
- I am love
- I am serving the higher good
- I am in perfect balance
- I am worthy
- I am grateful for today
- I am resilient
- I am grateful for blessings both big and small
- I am persistently pursuing my dreams
"I Believe" powerful affirmations
- I believe in my dreams and work hard every day to make them real
- I embrace the positivity of life and let it unfold
- I focus on action to create the lifestyle I want
- I believe in endless possibilities
- I embrace change with open arms
- I know life is happening for me and being honest about my circumstances means my next step is doing something about it.
- Replace “I can’t” with “I’m working hard to make it possible”
- I believe I can figure it out along the way
- I trust my identity; I trust my reality
- I have to dream it to achieve it
- I believe in myself
- What I seek is what is seeking me
- I believe in myself and my goals
- I believe small actions can make big impacts in my life
- I enjoy being present
- I tap into the organize creative flow state
- Joy is my natural state
- The world needs the talents and experiences I have to offer
- I choose to be a humble servant
- I start before I’m ready
- I change my response to negative thoughts and feelings
- I follow my curiosity
- I know what I want and I’m not ashamed to make it happen
- I believe in my why and work hard to make it a reality
Now its your turn. Save or Pin the affirmation lists below to your desktop or as screensavers. Remember to use them like this shift your mindset:
- Say them aloud
- Review them day daily
- Take action on making the affirmation real
Positive Affirmations Resources: